Thursday, June 11, 2015

Step back, wait for him

Tonight in salsa class as we were practicing the cuban rueda, I was reminded of the power of waiting. "Ladies" the bubly gay balinese dance instructer chiped. "Please remember to let the man come to you. Keep doing your normal step. Step back and he will be there to spin you to the next step."

As someone who prides myself in making things happen in mylife I was happy to be reminded that relationships are really more of a dance. Less about making somthing happen and more about holding space for something to happen. He will come to me if he likes me enough. If I step back and he likes me he will step forward to meet me.

If a man is not stepping forward, swiftly grabbing my waist and spinning me toward him, I do not want him.  Grab my waist and spin me round. Do it, I dare you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment