Thursday, June 25, 2015

Catch me

Today is one of those days. Nerves fried to fierce ends. Hanging on to the edge of a cliff as I alone battle to finish the project of my life. Fighting mafia and battling against time I swim upstream alone. I am single handedly holding up the universe on one finger. I am strong and fierce and more capable than most, but I want nothing more than to collapse in safe arms. Arms that will have me, and hold me, and brush away the worries of the day. I don't have this, I am left to hold up the world and trust that I am enough alone. I am strong enough and I can manage this, but what I would do for a soft lap, a sweet hand in my hair and someone to accept my worries without judgement. Having him across town but unhavable only concentrates this feeling like a bullion cube yearning for hot water.
Why does he not share this feeling of need for soft comfort? Is there really someone else that is better? 
There must be. Let my faith survive the hard edges of day and live to see the comfort and acceptance of another. 

No comments:

Post a Comment