Thursday, February 5, 2015

No one to hold back my hair

I am sick. I am vomiting. There is no one to hold back my hair. 

I remember getting this sick at 21 just weeks after starting to date the man who became my partner of 17 years. I had smoked one joint and drank two drinks with vodka and grapefruit juice. I was sicker than I am right now because of some stray Idonesian parasite. This man who I barely knew left the party and spent the night with me in the bathroom holding back my hair. This is what true love looks like. It is messy and kind all at the same time. 

We should all be so lucky to have just one person to hold back our hair. I was that lucky for awhile and yet somehow wanted more. Damn that want is hard to reconsile in lonely moments of vomit on cold tile floors. 

No comments:

Post a Comment