Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Choices

"Mankind faces a crossroads, one path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.”
-Woody Allen.

Sometimes what we choose is nearly a matter of what is available. If I lived in rural kentucky my choices to date would fall nicely between a guy who chewed tabacco and a guy who drove a pick up. 

A man who has yet to try to sleep with me seems to want to see me every day and text me non stop. This is platonic dating at its finest. Breakfast and lunch, breakfast and lunch. He is cute and we have a long list of things in common. He wants to buy the same landcruiser that has always been my car of choice. He likes travel and building things. He is financially secure and the kind of gentleman who flags the waiter down for you. But somehow what is missing just keeps bringing me back to the man I can't have. He doesn't make me laugh or indulge me in intelectual play. I want to talk about evolution and laugh about it. Damn you for giving me that but not the rest. Damn you for tickling my brain and my humor. This is all I want from someone really. To make me laugh out loud. To fight me boldly in a debate.  Damn you. Damn you for not wanting me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment